We are looking for people interested in the arts to join our friendly Board of Trustees. The new trustees will bring skills that complement those of our current Board, can widen our influence and support the executive team as we continue to forge new practice, inspiring ambition and vision across the opera sector. Our current Board and Advisory Panel are skilled in business, project management, marketing and opera. Can you bring skills to enhance these?
For more information, read on, or download this information pack.
Who are Tête à Tête
In 2023 we will be celebrating 25 years of producing new operas. It’s hard to find someone in the UK’s thriving opera sector who hasn’t experienced some artistic growth under our wing.
For the last 14 years we have complemented our own productions and projects with Tête à Tête: The Opera Festival; our home for artists from throughout the UK and beyond. From the second year of the festival we have filmed every production and uploaded almost every video to our website to be enjoyed, for free, in perpetuity. This is now the world’s largest archive of new opera, with over 500 productions.
– The 2021 Tête à Tête: The Opera Festival involving 23 lead artists delivering 42 events.
– Song of the Sea / Kan an Mor at the G7 in Cornwall
– A DCMS Pilot For The Return To Live Indoor Performance With Live Audiences with our friends at the Cockpit in July 2020
– The 2020 Tête à Tête: The Opera Festival involving 23 lead artists delivering 51 events including 30 new productions and 19 inside the theatre with audiences
– A BEM for founder and Artistic Director Bill Bankes-Jones “for services to opera and diversity” in the Queen’s Birthday Honours List 2020
In 2022 we are applying for continued Arts Council of England National Portfolio status and producing work in Cornwall, London and Newcastle. Tête à Tête is a charity and Company Ltd by guarantee. Annual turnover circa £150,000.
The Board meets for short evening meetings every 8 to 12 weeks on Zoom. Occasional tasks are given between meetings but the role is fundamentally one of governance and strategic guidance.
No Board experience required.
Please email Anna Gregg, Administrative Director on email@example.com